Why enroll in Vocational or Trade School?
Attending a trade school does not just provide you with a job; it provides a lifelong career, no matter if you are male or female. Skilled trades can include anything from electricians, carpenters, boiler operators, and HVAC technicians.
Many highly intelligent, dedicated, focused, and hard working individuals are choosing trades schools like the Vocational Institute of Michigan as a first choice as opposed to a College or University. The skilled trades industry continues to use increasingly sophisticated computer equipment and technology making a high skilled workforce necessary!
Trade school is a first choice in education for many reasons, including the following:
- Less time and money invested than a traditional college or university program.
- Earn while you learn.
- Hands-on, practical training. Most programs only spend 20% of the time in classrooms with textbooks.
- Huge labor shortages equal excellent job opportunities, and this gap is expected to only get wider.
- Excellent earning potential.
- Good hours and potential for year-round work.
Skilled trade persons will always be required, even in times of economic downturn. Plumbing and electricity still needs to be installed, buildings need to be heated and cooled for customer comfort, and the list goes on!
A career in skilled trades can also offer you ultimate job satisfaction. You can take pride in your work and know that you have created something that could last for generations.
A skilled trades career can put you in charge of your future. Many of the nation’s trade contractors are self-employed, meaning the business profits go right into their pockets. This could be you. The mansion on the hill with the sports car in the driveway may not be that far off!